Friday 14 January 2011

... more bird spotting with friends

Today as I was leaving the school playground this morning with a couple of other parents, I stopped as I heard another woodpecker. They both heard the noise too but didn't know it was a woodpecker, so we all stopped and looked around the lovely large trees in the school grounds to see if we could catch a glimpse.

As we stood there, another couple of parents heard it too and joined us. And yes we did locate it, this time it was a greater spotted woodpecker, and then it took flight.

Lovely, and great to share the moment with others, especially those who didn't know what bird it was and had never really spotted one ... learning all the time, even adults.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to share something like this ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel very, very lucky as we have great spotted woodpeckers in our garden. I love watching them with my binoculars out of the caravan window. Prior to this, I'd only ever seen them in wildlife conservation areas. I love watching birds and I hope I never get blase about seeing woodpeckers now we have them so close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a woodpecker, though I've heard them.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, come and say hello. Your thoughts are always appreciated, I read them all and will endeavour to respond. Thank you x