Thursday 27 October 2011

Christmas making and meet Ellie ...

Having a crafty day today, half term, raining outside so we've been making decorations for Christmas! Yes Christmas decorations in October, but hey why not.

So having looked through a craft book from the library Imogen has made a Christmas tree today and an Angel decoration and some paper chains. I loved making paper chains as a child and it seems Imogen does too. They're all drying so perhaps I can share photos another time - maybe when they go up around the house. Here's a couple of pictures I took as she was making them.

  making a Christmas tree

She's also made up some ELC Christmas picture frames I bought in the sale last year for her to make - magnetic picture frames that will be gifts to grandparents and one for ourselves.

Been felting, knitting and spinning a little myself recently, thought I'd share a picture of Ellie - a little rainbow elephant (a la Elmer) I made for Imogen recently. It's about 2 inches tall and she loves it. Nice quick easy knit in one piece, sewn and stuffed and ears knitted on by picking up stitches.

Ellie the little Elmer Elephant

3 comments:

  1. Ellie is wonderful, as is Imogens creation. It is never too early to start Christmas decorations!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie is a great knit Dawn, looks like she has a real personality! We love Elmer here, you'll have to post the pattern :) Love that I'm not the only one doing Christmas things already! Sounds like you've been having a great time xx

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, come and say hello. Your thoughts are always appreciated, I read them all and will endeavour to respond. Thank you x