Wednesday 23 September 2009

Season Swap

I received a lovely picture of a very Autumnal Scarecrow in the swap from mummyk, thank you. I have to change over the season corner as it's still been hanging on to late Summer recently but I think it's time to change it and the picture will be placed there for the season.

Scarecrow picture

These are what I made for the lovely Feathers and her daughter Willow. I visited her blog here a few times and saw what nature lovers they were so decided on an acorn and Oak leaf theme, to go with the Oak Leaf wine she has made - I'm watching to see how that turns out as I have read about them and would like to try making some myself one day.


I knitted some oak leaves, made some more oak leaves from felt and a knitted acorn that I felted a little. The main piece though was an Acorn Season Doll with some felted acorns in real acorn hats (we collect lots of natural bits so had some lovely acorn hats to choose from).


They were received with such joy that it really made my day as I love making things, but to see other peoples joy in receiving them really warms my heart.

1 comment:

  1. i agree, to know they are gratefully received is very fullfilling, love your swaps xx

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, come and say hello. Your thoughts are always appreciated, I read them all and will endeavour to respond. Thank you x