Friday 27 April 2012

Mixed week ...

Mixed weather - lovely to get some rain on the plants, much needed but the water table needs much more to recover, but please revert to raining at night again - a lot easier all round to know whether to put a coat on or if I'm going to end up carrying it when the sun comes out again. Ah well, mustn't grumble too much.

Started the week with Imogen not feeling well but insisting she was fine for the school trip on Monday to a wonderful gardens not too far away, Mama was a helping parent too. It was fun but wet, wet, wet. Straight to doctors on our return to school to find she needed antibiotics for an ear infection, and is quite blocked up with a cold. But she has picked up as the week has gone by.

Then Tuesday evening I felt terrible, such a sudden painful swollen throat resulting in no sleep on Wednesday night and another trip to the doctors for me and Alex (who started to get a bad throat too), so now we are all on antibiotics! Well at least we'll get it all out of the way together. I knew mine was painful but when the triage nurse looks in your mouth and goes "Argh yes, it's pretty bad" and no more need for investigating, you know it's bad.

So not a lot else going on here, no allotment or garden time - just keeping the seedlings in the greenhouse watered awaiting a break in the weather to plant them out. We have a local plant swap soon so any spares will go there and to my Dad.

Looking forward to next week, nothing really planned just looking forward to feeling more human again. We did harvest some lovely spinach, sorrel, wild garlic and other salad leaves and have been enjoying fresh salads from the garden accompanied by our Welsh onions too. Delicious.

9 comments:

  1. I hope the antibiotics kick in soon. I avoid taking them, but sometimes life just doesn't give me the time.

    My gardening is on hold. All this wet weather has brought the slugs and snails out, plus we have wild rabbits moved in to the kitchen garden. My seedlings are ready to go out, but I need to build defenses before I plant them. Only harvesting lettuce and spinach so far this year. Can't wait until there is more to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we've noticed the slug population increase! Wanting to get seedlings out but weather and being unwell has delayed things. Hoping to catch up this week though.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, I hope you are both feeling better soon. The weather here has been dry during the day and pouring as soon as I get home so no garden time for me this week either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hope you get back in your garden soon x

      Delete
  3. Aww, hope your all feeling better soon..not good when your all poorly xxx

    Hugs coming your way :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and right back at you - hope you are feeling less overwhelmed now.

      Delete
  4. Hope you are all feeling much better by now. Although I'm not sure there will be much opportunity for allotment time this week either looking at the forecast!

    Loving that book I won from you. So interesting, and great bedtime reading. thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased you are enjoying the book, I love it to just pick up and read a little and come back to it another time. I can lose myself in the writing and illustrations.

      Delete
  5. Thank you everyone, feeling much better, still sore in the throat and very tired but recovering. It did help to be prescribed ice-cream and ice lollies alongside the anti-b's, who could say no to that one!
    Anti-b's are last resort for me, luckily haven't had to have any for years but I needed them this week.

    back to (my) normal soon x

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, come and say hello. Your thoughts are always appreciated, I read them all and will endeavour to respond. Thank you x