Monday 18 January 2010

Colour in the garden


I know it's not Spring, but these sights make me think of Spring approaching. Following on from my post the other day with the Daffodils coming through, I've noticed even more Spring flowers peeking out. Down our road there is a hedge of Camelias flowering already - just coming out of their buds. No picture of the Camelia as it is on a private garden, so not really something I could photograph.

flowering rhododendron

The Rhododendrons are coming into flower too. Out in the garden, the Rhubarb is waking up and on the bank the Bluebell greens are shooting up amongst the wild strawberries. I can't wait for all of these to come into flower and fruit.

Rhubarb peeking through

English Bluebells
Bluebells and wild Strawberries


The big Winter sleep is coming to an end as nature awakens and stretches it's arms to the Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, come and say hello. Your thoughts are always appreciated, I read them all and will endeavour to respond. Thank you x