Thursday 11 March 2010

A little needle felting

This evening after Imogen had gone to bed and with the house to myself as Alex is away tonight, I gathered some wools, a thick piece of foam and my needle-felting needles (xmas present from 2008) and set to creating a needle felted figure.

I haven't done much needle felting, always something else to do, but wanted to venture away from felt balls and some felt acorns I've made before and create a figure. There are some fantastically talented people out there who create them, I have looked at this flickr group and been inspired, and looked at many individuals websites at their fantastic work.

The work of these mama's is particularly inspiring, - Annette Mac and Beneath The Rowan Tree. Annette's figures are just awesome. I remember bookmarking at least one other site some time back with some fantastic figures, I must try and find them again.

So within a couple of hours, minus coffee breaks and a little time on the computer, I have tonight made my first felt figure. But you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what it is. I'm tired and need my bed, so will take pictures and share them with you tomorrow. I have to say I am really pleased with it for a first attempt, and can see me doing this more often in the future.

Goodnight all, back tomorrow with pictures.

3 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to seeing your creation:) Your blog is lovely and you spin! Thanks so much for visiting,
    Warmly
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking some photos soon, post to follow.
    Thanks for visiting Linda, I've been enjoying your blog for a while now, very inspiring.
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, can't wait to see that. Me and littliest tried some felt balls the other day - not very good, they all have cracks in them!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, come and say hello. Your thoughts are always appreciated, I read them all and will endeavour to respond. Thank you x