Monday 20 July 2009

Guild of Spinners, Weavers and Dyers

In other news, I went to my second guild meeting on Saturday. It was the AGM as well as a "show and tell" session for people to share what work they had been doing recently, and also a talk on design by an artist member of the guild whose wife is an experienced spinner and weaver.

A good day was had again, and I came away having volunteered to become the new newsletter editor. There didn't seem to be anyone else willing to do it, except the website publisher who offered to support someone else doing it, and I sat there thinking I could do that, I'm experienced with computers, have produced newsletters numerous times in my previous employment and could fit this in around looking after Imogen, gardening, crafting etc. I'm looking forward to the challenge, it's a quarterly newsletter with the next one (my first) due in October.

2 comments:

Don't be shy, come and say hello. Your thoughts are always appreciated, I read them all and will endeavour to respond. Thank you x