Wednesday 15 July 2009

Picture tour of allotment

A picture post tour of some of the allotment in July 2009 ...

Recovering Runner Beans

Kale and Cavalo Nero

Pumpkin in wooden barrel (found buried on the plot)

Plum tomatoes
(there would have been more pictures of other tomato varieties had I not disturbed and annoyed a Bee that persisted in attacking Alex and I, so I gave up)

Bumper crop of Pears

Pears

Ladybird on squash

Imogen's carrots

Herb Spiral

Figs

Courgette tyre wall and Bush/Plum tomatoes

Rainbow Chard planted amongst tomatoes

Cabbages
Buddleia

Blackberries

Apples

2 comments:

  1. its all looking lovely xx what a wonderful time of the year everything exploding in edible treats x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures Dawn. thanks so much for posting the herb spiral - it was really useful. for some reason I found it hard to get my head round the concept, but your pictures show exactly how I need to go about it. I am planning to have a medicinal herb spiral in the garden and keep the culinary ones I use most at the side door. Reayy enjoyed your holiday pictures - looks like you had a great time. Welcome back xxx

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, come and say hello. Your thoughts are always appreciated, I read them all and will endeavour to respond. Thank you x