Thursday 20 August 2009

Seeking goodness from the hedgerow

Many, many blackberries for picking, but also haws, sloes, elderberries and rose hips are ready ... some of them are early really but they are ready.

So I'm now busy looking through recipes for what to do with them. Have been picking and using them recently although I haven't picked them all yet, will post on what I have done when I do. Today whilst out we picked rose hips as they were just perfect for picking, already softening so no need to wait until after frosts, you can pick early anyway and freeze them which does the same as the frosts.


So what to make ... syrup, cordial or rose hip leather? Decisions, decisions. Will pick more another day to make all three eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, come and say hello. Your thoughts are always appreciated, I read them all and will endeavour to respond. Thank you x